Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'M HERE!!!!!!

Sooooo we're finally in ARGENTINA!!!! A great start to the trip by dropping my passport outside the airport...luckily my mom saw it drop and chased me down to give it to me. Then i got the 20 minute responsibility lecture all over again haha...whoops. I slept through most of it...made a new friend on the airplane. Except the jerk fell asleep about an hour into it, forcing me to almost pee my pants. I though about crawling over him but instead just sat in misery till he decided to wake up 4 hours later. Meanwhile, Annie is about to pull out her vomit bag behind me cause the man next to her was asleep..she almost puked on him.

Greatest feeling ever: listening to coldplay while staring out an airplane window..especially near take off and landing where you can still see the ground.


So we are going through security in Chile and i almost got arrested because i had scissors in my backpack (don't know how i got through dallas security?? they even searched my bag...idiots. good thing i'm not a terrorist). Luckily, my teacher was in line right in front of me so she explained to them that I am not a criminal and i just dropped the scissors into their big treasure chest of weapons. So much for making note cards.


My mom (sweetest woman in the world) and Brother (21 years old) picked me up at the airport and we headed home. Home is in the sweetest little neighborhood (pictures to come). We took a walk around the block and stopped by Rue and Brett's houses which are just down the street. Rue's family is so cute..his mom is this spicy little Argentine woman and he has three little brothers- 18, 14 and 10 i think. Brett is right across the street from him. Rue's dad is going to take the 3 of us to school every morning and then we will probably ride the bus back.

My mom is making lunch right now (pasta!!) and then we are going to pick my dad up at the airport in a few hours after siesta (naptime). I lucked out because my mom is an english teacher and her and my brother both speak english verrrry well. Another one of her sons lives in New York. She gave me his local cell phone that i can use to contact people in argentina, so i dont have to buy one. I havent talked to Annie or Riley since we stepped foot off the plane so i hope they are still alive! I just changed the language on my computer to spanish to begin this journey haha ...more to come. but for now, CIAO!

2 comments:

  1. this message is in web-dings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, por favor escribenos en Castellano, porque no se entiende NADA el Ingles que estas mandando!

    ReplyDelete